Artemis devotional – call for submissions
Posted by Erik on March 21, 2008
[cross-posted from the NA list]
I am pleased to announce that the members of Neos Alexandria have begun work
on the third volume in the Bibliotheca Alexandrina.
To help promote the revival of traditional polytheistic religions we are
launching a series of books dedicated to the ancient gods of Greece and
Egypt. Volumes will contain essays, poetry, devotional material, original
artwork, and even recipes or sheet music, all focused on a particular
divinity. The library will be a collaborative effort drawing on the combined
resources of the different elements within the modern Hellenic and Kemetic
communities, in the hope that we can come together to praise our gods and
share our diverse understandings, experiences and approaches to the divine.
All of the proceeds for these books will go to help promote the worship of
the gods of Greece and Egypt, by being used to put on a Greco-Egyptian
religious gathering in 2009, bring out further volumes in the series, or
given to charitable causes in the name of the gods.
This volume will be dedicated to Artemis, the ancient Greek Goddess of
hunting, animals, and wilderness.
Please consider submitting your work to this worthy cause!
Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
* All submissions must be received no later than September 30, 2008.
* All submissions must be the original work of the author.
* Multiple submissions by the same author are fine – and encouraged!
* Material that has been published in other places will still be
considered, provided the author retains their copyright to the work.
* Each author retains all rights to their work after publication.
* For more information about submission requirements or to request further
details about the project, please email your questions to
Feel free to pass this information on to anyone you think might be
interested in this project.
Thista Minai for Neos Alexandria