A little fragile and exposed… not sure why. Probably lack of sleep. Anyway, that feeling has been intensified after listening to some material linked from Cat and Sannion; and now I’m inspired to do likewise, and share some more of my favorite devotional music (I think at least one of these songs is also in the list Sannion posted). Most of this is not actually related to any personal devotion on my part, but it captures the devotional spirit and helps put me in the right frame of mind for prayer and worship.
- O Paalanhaare from the Bollywood film Lagaan. Lyrics are translated in the video.
- Kula Shaker, Shower Your Love
- “Haporeis Sukkat Shalom”, from the Friday night Shabbat liturgy. I can’t seem to find an online recording of the Jeff Klepper arrangement we sing, but here’s a link to another decent version (you will have to click the link at the bottom of the page to load the audio). It translates to “Blessed are you, Lord our God, ruler of the universe, who spreads the shelter of peace over us, over all the inhabitants of the earth, and over Jerusalem.”
- Leonard Cohen, If It Be Your Will (ignore the anime/game video, whatever it is…)
- Alan Parsons Project, Light of the the World
- Heng Sure, Dedication of Merit…
- …and singing Jennifer Berezan’s “She Carries Me” (because the only online recording I found of JB singing it had less-than-stellar audio)
- John Schrag’s arrangement of Kore Evohe
I’m sure I could list more, but I think that gets the idea across…